Thursday, October 10, 2013

Epic Paper Arts Launch Party Tonight!

 
 
 
 
Today is the BIG DAY! YAY!!! I know you guys are just as excited about the launch party as we are. Just a few more hours to wait and find out the BIG NEWS. :)
 
 

Launch Party

You're invited to join Kathy Orta Files, Jim Hankins and me on YouTube LIVE at 9:00 p.m. Eastern USA time TONIGHT for the launch of something truly epic:
 
This broadcast replaces my usual Thursday night Scrap Chat. Euro Chat is cancelled this week so you gals and guys overseas can take naps to rest up for the big reveal. :)

I will be your host for the evening, and you'll see me on camera in a way you've NEVER seen me before! I promise you will love everything we have in store for you, but to sweeten the deal there will also be some truly fabulous prizes.
 
So, please bookmark the event link and mark your calendars. You won't want to miss an exciting evening of news, chatting and prizes. :)  To convert 9:00 p.m. Eastern USA time to your time zone, click here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
 
For more details leading up to this event, please visit me on Facebook: Kathryn's Facebook.
 
 

You Tube Live

I have gotten some questions on how YouTube Live works.
 
YouTube Live is a video streaming platform that enables me to broadcast live in the same type of window as a pre-recorded YouTube video. The controls will be the same as you are used to from watching videos, and you will be able to leave comments as long as you have a YouTube or Google account.
 
Once the broadcast is over, the recording will be available on my YouTube Channel for you to watch again, should you desire.
 
For those of you who are familiar with my USTREAM shows, there are some key differences.
 
 

DVR

While the broadcast on YouTube Live is ongoing, you will be able to pause and rewind as you would a TV show with your cable company's DVR. This will ensure that you don't miss anything if you need to take a brief break. However, bear in mind that you will no longer be watching the broadcast live should you exercise this function so comments being made and questions being asked may be out of context for you.
 
 

Quality Control

With YouTube Live, you control the quality of the stream you receive. If you are having trouble watching the video seamlessly at the 1080p broadcast level, you can choose to select a lower quality (such as 720p) to eliminate issue like starting, stopping and buffering.
 
 

Comments

YouTube Live communication is done in a comments section, similar to social media sites like Facebook and Google+. These comments can be set to auto-update so you can keep up with what is going on during the broadcast. You can also "pop out" the comments section by right-clicking the "View All Comments" link at the top of the comment box and opening them in a new window.
 
 

Recording

This broadcast will be recorded and it will publish to my YouTube channel. I encourage you to attend live so you don't miss out on a minute of the fun, but the event will be there for you to enjoy again after we go off the air.
 
 
 Thanks so much for playing along with us this week on YouTube, our blogs and Facebook! I have been having a ball reading all your comments and guesses. You guys are geniuses!
 
 
See you TONIGHT!
 
Kathryn :D

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I am beyond excited and have LOVED watching yours, Kathy's and Jim's video every day...thanks for putting this together for us and your truly are EPIC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have pump up today so much it better be epic. Hahaha. Just kidding. I sure whatever it is it will be FA BU LOUS!
    My guess ..... head shots, nails, hair...... you will be on HSN with craft product! I hope your will not become a spokesperson for Martha Stewart. I hate it when things I like are from Martha. Grrrr. See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too Kathryn! I watched Kathy's videos too -- she's the antithesis of Jim with her "squish the patterned paper this way, sorta burnish it a little, then cut it and if it's not right, cut a little more," vs. Jim's "using Tim's ruler, measure to the sixteenth...." LOVE IT! Obviously the tax lawyer is in the Jim camp so it's a good thing we weren't actually expected to craft along with anyone! I love your idea of a house each year with an album inside -- my niece just got married and I think it's a wonderful tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it's somewhere, but where is the link for the show please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Midnitescrapper, where did you find the link?

      Delete
  6. A link would have been helpful . . . Sorry I missed it.

    ReplyDelete