Tuesday, December 7, 2010

December Inspiration

Hi, guys! I hope you're all enjoying the December challenge I posted Monday morning. I thought today that I'd post some inspiration for you!

But first, a confession: I am not the best Christmas present wrapper in the world. I think it's because, when you get right down to it, Christmas present wrapping is a form of engineering. And we all know that math is not my forte by any means. Last year my brother asked me to help him wrap some presents, mistakenly thinking that because I could scrapbook I could wrap presents. The look he gave me when I was done "helping" was priceless. Oops!

Anyways, this year I resolved to do better. I thought it might help if I didn't think of it so much as wrapping a present, but of decorating a canvas or large album page. That actually really did help me get past my mental roadblock & enabled me to create this:



The wrapping paper is from the bottom of my closet & I think is from Costco? Maybe? I don't really remember, but it was on a ginormous roll, so Costco is a good guess. The flowers are all from Wild Orchid Crafts and the tiny bows are from IKEA.

The IKEA link won't take you to the exact bows I used {because they were also from the bottom of my closet}, but they are selling very similar bows this year. But, they're just plain old Christmas bows anyways, which you can probably find in about a billion stores right now. Or possibly even make yourself if you are not a recovering bow loser, like I am. Although I did tie a bow without the Bow Easy during our Virtual Crop this past Saturday. Go me! Maybe there is still hope.

While we're on the subject of things I did during Saturday's crop, I also decorated that tag on the front of the present. You can watch the whole thing coming together in the UStream recording: Snow Bird Tag. I was very happy with how soft and subtle it came out. I think I might make another one to keep for myself!

I hope you enjoy my first scrapbook style present wrapping & I look forward to seeing what you guys make of the December challenge. Have a great day!

~Kathryn :D
Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

3 comments:

  1. This wrapping is a present itself :D Glad the destination person can appreciated. Love the softness/shabby chic style of the tag. Hugs, vron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally totally love the bird of course...absolutely magnificent work, Girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Vron & Rita! I have posted a shorter tutorial on the bird for YouTube, for those of you who don't have time to sit through a UStream class: Snow Bird Tag Tutorial. I even let the little birdie keep his legs, as it is the holidays ~ LOL!

    ~Kathryn :D
    Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

    ReplyDelete