Saturday, June 5, 2010

June Virtual Crop Tonight + Product Review

Hi, everyone! I hope you're all having a great weekend! I just wanted to write and remind you that tonight is the June 2010 "No Frills" Virtual Crop, beginning at 9:00 PM EDT {GMT/UTC-4} and continuing through Sunday, June 6th, at 3:00 AM EDT {GMT/UTC-4}.

So, what is a "No Frills" crop?
A "No Frills" crop is a crop without challenges. We had so many challenges for NSD, so we're going to take a little break this month and just chill out, have fun and try to get some projects done without all the pressure of deadlines.

Does this mean there won't be any prizes?
Maybe. Since there aren't any challenges, there won't be any prizes for completing challenges. Whether this means there aren't any prizes at all remains to be seen. :D You never know if I will give something away during the crop, so the only way to find out for sure is to join us for some fun!

Where do I go?
We'll see you all over on The Beach's UStream Channel: Live on the {Scrap}Beach! See you there at 9 PM EDT {GMT/UTC-4} on Saturday, June 5th!

I hope to see you there for some fun and crafting! In the meantime, I have a new video posted over on my YouTube Channel: Corner Chomper Review.



I have had all four Corner Chompers for a while now & I love the blue, green and purple ones. I bought then during a sale at JoAnn's Online and have been using the heck out of them ever since! If you're looking for them, Jenn at Live.Teach.Create has just gotten them in: Corner Chompers.

Of the four Corner Chompers, The green one is probably my favorite as I love ticket stub corners. I definitely use it all the time. Also, that one actually has three looks, instead of two looks, like the rest of the Corner Chompers. Watch the video to see how that's done. After the green one, the blue one is probably the most versatile & then the purple. But I do love and use all three of those. The purple is especially great for tags.

The pink one is a different story. I never use the pink one & in my opinion, it's a waste of time and money. The only reason I can see getting it, is if you frequently make your own tags & don't already have a tag corner punch. And even then, it's probably just cheaper to get an angled tag corner punch. Unless you're making tags out of chipboard or in such large quantities you'd need to be able to punch a bunch at one time.

In other news, my blue Bind-It-All seems to have bitten the dust. Mr. Lifeguard is trying to fix it right now & I hope he can. If he can't, I am torn between getting the {larger} Pink BIA and the We R Memory Keepers Cinch. I love that you can turn holes on and off on the Cinch, but it is bulkier & more expensive. I don't really want to buy another binding machine right now, so I think I will keep my fingers crossed that he can fix it!

~Kathryn
Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reviewing the chompers. I have a couple myself and for me the blue one gets the most use. I can't even think about doing a mini without having that by my side.

    Hope hubby fixes the BIA. I've been using the Cinch and I've to say, it's worth the money (bought it when it was on sale on HSN). Every mini I've made since buying it has been punched using the Cinch, whether I use binder rings or wire coils. The BIA was a bit of a challenge for me because my minis are not quite so mini and standard. I make odd sizes such as 9x12, 6x8, 5x5, etc., and have had to really be extra careful in figuring out the punching sequence. Needless to say, I've screwed it up a few times. The cinch, on the other hand, is well...a cinch!

    Good luck. Have a terrific crop tonight and enjoy the rest of the weekednd. Thanks again for all the effort and work!

    -Liz

    ReplyDelete