Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wrapping Up

Hi, everyone! Welcome back to Life on the {Scrap}beach!

I just finished wrapping up quite a few projects that have been hanging over me and was able to sort of clear the decks regarding scrapping. I've been trying to hink of what to do next & since I've got Halloween pictures printed, I think I'm going to do some Halloween layouts & maybe a mini when I finish my pink album. So it will be Halloween in July!

After Halloween, think I might just be ready to start breaking into the Disney photos and memorabilia and start working on that album {which will be a work in progress while we're down here, as we will continue to add to it}. It's hard to think about scrapping right now, though, because I stayed up almost all night trying to finish Flesh and Spirit by Carol Berg and I am so sleepy. The book started out slow but when it got going ~ man, it was fun! Which reminds me of another good project to revisit ~ getting caught up on my little 6"x6" album of books I've read this year!

I have lots of fun stuff to do coming up, so hopefully you guys will see some great new videos when I'm done with the pink album!

Kathryn
Lifes a beach. Scrapbook it.

8 comments:

  1. Where do you find all the hours necessary to "play"????
    If you get a chance go visit my blog and check out my "paper-bag" album.
    Have a great day!!!
    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, I have so much time because I am a woman of leisure! :D I scrapbook mostly while my husband is at work.

    Before we moved to Miami, I had an incredibly stressful, more-than-full-time job in child abuse prevention with lots of long hours and traveling and that really burned me out terribly: emotionally, physically, spiritually, etc.

    My husband and I decided to try restricting our budget to see if I could take a year off work and try to heal my body and mind and soul, and we have both so much happier the last few months!

    Loved how your paper bag album turned out!

    ~Kathryn
    Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwww, I'm sorry that your career was so stressful, I can't imagine a cause greater than helping children that are abused, I knew you were an angel before now it's confirmed.
    How sweet that your husband has been so supportive, remember to thank him frequently!!! (he's a man, he needs it...lol)
    Also, thx for checking out my paperbag album, I had started this long before you released yours, I'm hoping to do the style that you taught us for this summers pictures and it better have some pictures of Mimi...hahahaheeeheee, lol
    ♥ thx,
    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, Jill, thanks! Although I am hardly angelic! It was a career that was very important to me and worthwhile to have done and I'm proud of what I accomplished {I still do some consulting in the industry} but I'm relieved not to be dealing with it all day, every day anymore. Obviously it's soul crushing subject matter to discuss 24/7 and I admire anyone who can do it for a lifetime.

    ANYWAY, some Florida sun and sand and some pretty papers and glue have been great therapy! :D And my husband knows he is very appreciated!

    Kathryn
    Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathryn, so looking forward to seeing all your future videos.. I know how that goes.. you get into a good book and just can't put it down!!;)
    with a grin,
    steffogal1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Stephanie! I hope the videos and projects live up to your anticipation and expectations! :D

    Kathryn
    Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathryn, thanks for the great book recommendation. Always looking forward to your videos :-)
    And just incase you ever felt unappreciated in your job........I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart, for saving the many lives and spirits of those innocent children from those that should have loved and cared for them in the first place.
    That wasn't a very good sentence but you get what I mean.
    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Hope! That's very sweet! I understand completely what you meant ~ the sentence was perfectly fine! :D One thing that I always felt when I was working was appreciated & gratified that I was doing something I felt was important with my time and talents.

    Kathryn
    Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

    ReplyDelete